Each year, the Cyber Week is starting earlier and earlier and Walmart said that it’s tipping off its so-called Cyber Week deals online sales just a minute after midnight EST Friday (Nov 25, 2016) for the first time ever as the world largest retailer goal is to steal customers ahead of its rivals.
Back in 2015, the Walmart kicked off the its Cyber Week sales online with greatest deals on the Sunday night after Thanksgiving Day And Black Friday for the first time.
The 2916 Cyber Week, which falls on the last Monday of November, is traditionally the busiest online shopping event of the year in the Western part of the globe. The Cyber Monday was coined more than a decade ago by the National Retail Federation (NFR)’s online arm. The Cyber Monday was push to encourage people who missed the Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales events as well as when people returned to offices where they had high-speed Internet connections. Since then, the sudden boom of mobile smartphones and other WiFi-equipped handheld devices has given consumers perpetual Internet access and now the Cyber Monday and Cyber Week is being used by retailers to offer deals to shoppers.
“We will continue to focus on offering great prices on great products across the whole store and on Walmart.com for the rest of the holiday season,” said Steve Bratspies, Chief Merchandising Officer, Walmart U.S.
The push to start Cyber Week 2016 deals earlier follows what’s been happening with this year’s Black Friday, which used to officially begin the holiday sales and shopping season in stores and online. Over the past years, retail companies such as Walmart, Best Buy and Target have started offering the Black Friday deals to the public earlier into Thanksgiving’ Gray Thursday. And chains are now offering many of the same deals online as they do in brick-and-mortar stores on Thanksgiving.
This year though, the Arkansas-based retail giant Walmart is making Cyber Monday deals available online at 12:01 AM EST on Friday (Nov. 25, 2016). There are still no announcements if Walmart will follow Target’s strategy on offering Cyber Monday deals to in-stores.
The move comes as Walmart aims to directly compete more aggressively with the e-commerce giant Amazon.com. Walmart reported last week that its online sales growth skyrocketed to 20.6 percent in the third quarter. The discount retailer now offers 23 million products online, nearly tripled from 2015’s holiday sales season.
Walmart Cyber Week Deals 2016
When: Starting on Friday, November 25, 2016 at 12:01 A.M. EST
- Samsung 60-inch Smart LED 1080p HDTV for $579 w/ $80 Walmart Gift Card — ($1,120 off)
- Google Home Speaker for $99 — ($30 off)
- Promark P70 VR Drone — $99 ($50 off)
- Quadrone Hybrid Drone — $99 ($30 off)
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S Instant Camera with Mini Film 10pk — $49
- Black + Decker Robotic Vacuum (Walmart exclusive) — $196 ($103 off)
- bObsweep bObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner — $249 ($83 off)
- Polaroid Cube+ Action Camera with WiFi — $109.99
- 6V Spider-Man Speed Coupe — $79 ($70 off)
- 6V Trolls Speed Coupe — $79 ($70 off)
- Ozark Trail 28-Piece Premium Camping Combo Set — $149 ($50 off)
- 55-inch My First Trampoline with Lightpad and Enclosure — $59 ($10 off)
- Lifetime 44-inch Portable Adjustable Basketball System — $89 ($30 off)
- Gold’s Gym AbFirm Pro — $49 ($30 off)
- Ozark Trail 30-Ounce Double-Wall, Vacuum-Sealed Tumbler — $9.74
- Boots for the family starting at $14.88
- Activewear for the family starting at $5
- Denim for the family starting at $10
Walmart Cyber Monday Deals 2016
When: Beginning on Monday, November 28, 2016 at 12:01 A.M. EST
- Samsung HDTVs over 50 percent off the MSRP
- Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD LED Smart TV — $999 ($1,200 off)
- VIZIO 50-inch 4K UHD SmartCast Smart LED TV — $379.99 ($148 off)
- Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming Edition Laptop PC — $999.99 ($300 off)
- Call of Duty Dragonfly Drone with Camera — $89 ($10.99 off)
- Drones from DJI, Parrot, Autel, Yuneed and more starting at $199
- Nerf N-Strike MEGA Mastodon Blaster with Free Blaster — $51 ($28 off)
- Branded Sunglasses (Prada, Ray-Ban, Gucci, Miu Miu, Cartier, etc.) starting at $99.99
- Branded Watches (Michael Kors, Omega, Movado and more) starting at $99.99
- Handbags (Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Fossil, Rebecca Minkoff, etc.) starting at $71
- Boots (Frye and UGG) starting at $135
- Outerwear for the family starting at $9
- Diamond jewelry savings up to $3,000
Much like in the past years, Walmart’s Cyber Monday 2016 sales offers free shipping on orders of $50 or more, as well as free pickup at local stores across the United States. Walmart’s Cyber Week 2016 began at 12:01 AM EST on Friday, Nov. 25, 2016, and will continue with thousands of online specials and notable deals every day throughout the week.
We have compiled everything you need to know about the Walmart Cyber Week 2016 deals and online sales and more in our Cyber Week 2016 hub. Find all Walmart Cyber Week deals 2016 and online specials here.